TOPTICA eagleyard developed a simple pluggable solution that is easily usable for industry purposes as the tapered amplifier is integrated into a hermetically sealed butterfly package and therefore very robust. Once again, eagleyard closes the gap between science and industry and enables a more convenient usage.
The new butterfly packaged tapered amplifier is very easy to use at the input side as adjustment is not further needed. As the butterfly package is hermetically sealed it is ideal for the usage with industry purposes. Moreover, circular beam profile is beneficial for fiber coupling and focusing at the output side.
Major performance indicators are:
- 2 W @ 852nm
- 3 W @ 780nm
- Keeps line width from seeder (~300 kHz)
- Very good SMSR (typ. > 50 dB)
- Integrated beam collimation
- Integrated thermal management by thermoelectric cooler and thermistor
- Plug and play with fiber pigtail seed lasers
These new variants of the tapered amplifier will mainly be used in spectroscopy and atomic clocks and will also be relevant in quantum technology.